General Admission Is FREE! Every Day.
General admission includes viewing the Museum’s collection galleries and most exhibitions.
Friday*: 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Special exhibition admission is $8.
DMA Partners: FREE
Children 11 and under: FREE
DirectionsDallas Museum of Art 1717 North Harwood
Dallas, Texas 75201
Bicycle racks are available at the corner of Ross Avenue and Harwood Street.
DART to the Art
The Museum encourages visitors to use Dallas's DART rail system. Parking is available at any of DART's outlying lots, and visitors can ride the DART train to the St. Paul Station and walk north to the Museum's Ross Avenue entrance. Plan your visit to the DMA using DART.
Public Garage Hours
Monday–Sunday, 10 a.m.–9 p.m. (may exclude special events)
For emergencies, call 214-922-1266.
Underground parking is available at the Museum’s 400-space garage on a first-come, first-served basis for a flat fee of $10, payable at time of entry. Cash and major credit cards are accepted. Garage parking for DMA Partners and Nasher Sculpture Center members is free, pending availability. Clearance in the underground parking garage is 6 feet, 8 inches high.
Handicap-access parking spaces are located on Levels P1, P2, and P3 of the Museum’s parking garage.
In the event that the Museum garage may be full, please review the map of nearby surface lots and garages that have reserved parking for Museum visitors. In addition to these locations, other parking exists throughout the downtown area.
For alternate parking options, visit the Dallas Arts District website.
Tours and School Visits
Get to know the DMA through a Saturday Spotlight Tour. DMA docents are on-site to lead free tours introducing visitors to the highlights of our collection. Tours will depart from the Visitor Services Desk at 2:00 p.m. every Saturday.
Private guided tours are available at $5 per person with a minimum of ten people in a group (with three weeks' notice).
Through a docent-guided or self-guided visit, pre-school, K-12, and higher education students can explore the Museum’s collection and special exhibitions. For information or to schedule your school group, see DMA Student Visits.
The Museum is equipped for visitors with special needs. Need some tips for a great visit? See our Special Needs page.
The Museum has an ATM on-site on Level 1 (user fee $2.50 per transaction).
Shopping & Dining
The Museum Store offers books and catalogues, stationery and print products, gifts, jewelry, and other wonderful items inspired by the Museum’s collection.
The DMA Cafe is located near the Museum’s North Entrance in the beautiful Hamon Atrium and features a casual fare menu. The cafe can seat two or a group of twenty and can accommodate up to two hundred guests during lunch.
There are a variety of hotel accommodations in the downtown Dallas Arts District. Many are within walking distance of the Dallas Museum of Art or offer shuttle transportation to and from the Museum. Many hotels offer special museum rates. When you book your room, ask if they offer a museum or Arts District discount. Visit the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau site for details about hotels around the Museum.
Museum Etiquette to Guide Your Visit
- The art at the DMA is not camera shy! Photography without a flash is allowed in the galleries unless otherwise indicated. But, to protect the artwork, tripods/monopods are not allowed.
- Smoking is not permitted in any area of the Museum. Food and beverages are not allowed in the galleries.
- Sketchbooks and pencils (no other art supplies) are permitted in the galleries.
- For safety and health reasons, visitors should wear attire appropriate to a public facility, including shoes and shirts.
- Please do not touch any artwork. When visiting the galleries with small children, please maintain supervision.
- Fragile objects are often placed behind Plexiglas or ropes. Please refrain from touching the Plexiglas casing. If you see tape on the floor near a work of art, the tape indicates how far away you should stand from the object. A good general rule is to stand at least three feet away from a work of art.
- The coat check is located on the first level under the staircase next to the DMA Cafe. All umbrellas and oversized parcels must be checked.
- Download the DMA Museum Guidelines for additional tips for your visit.
We appreciate your help in protecting the art for future generations to enjoy.