REQUEST YOUR PROGRAM AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!
- STEP 1 Determine if you would like a docent-guided tour or a self-guided tour.
- STEP 2 Check testing dates, holidays, and bus availability before requesting your visit.
- STEP 3 Submit the Docent-Guided Request Form or the Self-Guided Request Form at least three weeks before your earliest requested visit date. (For docent-guided visits, we recommend requesting at least six weeks in advance.) Request forms can be submitted online or by mail; student group visits cannot be scheduled by e-mail or phone.
- STEP 4 You will receive e-mail confirmation of your scheduled date and time within approximately ten business days of submitting a request form. If none of your requested dates are available, you will be contacted by e-mail or phone.
- Further information about your visit: DMA Docent-Guided Tour Guidelines.pdf DMA Self-Guided Visit Guidelines.pdf
The Dallas Museum of Art offers free general admission. Student groups must still schedule their visit at least three weeks in advance to secure a place on our tour calendar.
There is still an admission fee associated with some special exhibitions at the DMA; however, Museum visits to ticketed special exhibitions are free of charge for students and chaperones when scheduled at least three weeks in advance. With less than three weeks’ notice, students will have to pay the ticket price to visit a special exhibition.
One adult chaperone is required for every fifteen students on docent-guided visits. One adult chaperone is required for every ten students on self-guided visits.
Lunch in the DMA Sculpture Garden
Student groups bringing sack lunches are more than welcome to eat in the DMA's Sculpture Garden. The Sculpture Garden is outdoors and the Museum has no indoor eating facilities for students in the case of inclement weather. Another popular option is the Klyde Warren Park, located across the street from the Museum. Teachers are responsible for making alternate arrangements on cold or rainy days.
Lunch in the DMA Cafe
The DMA Cafe can accommodate paying student groups with a reservation. Reservations are required for groups of fifteen or more. Call 214-922-1859 or e-mail atriumcafe@DMA.org for menu options, pricing, and reservations. Student groups are not allowed to bring sack lunches into the Atrium.