Monday, March 21, 2016
Chair: Barbara Daseke
Honorary Chair: Linda Ivy
Underwriting Chair: Barbara Durham
Honoree: Olivier Meslay
Join the DMA for a spectacular symposium featuring landscape architect and landscape historian Dr. Todd Longstaffe-Gowan, Gardens Advisor to Historic Royal Palaces. Start preparing your creative ideas for the original table design competition.
Individual tickets are now on sale! Click HERE to purchase individual tickets. Hurry! Seating is limited and will sell out.
Are you feeling creative? Enter our Table design competition. Create your own table design of an international theme. The grand prize is a two night stay in London, private tour of Kensington Palace gardens, and lunch at Clarkes Restaurant. The competition will be judged by our esteemed speaker Dr. Todd Longstaffe-Gowan. Creativity and a competitive spirit is encouraged! Work with the expert designers at our Luxury Rental Sponsor, Posh Couture Rentals, or with your own designer, and select you linens, flatware, china, etc. Don’t forget your florals!!!!
Click HERE to purchase Patron Tickets/Tables and enter the Table Design Competition.
Benefiting the Dallas Museum of Art’s exhibition and education programs and the DMA League’s Floral Endowment Fund.
Please make sure you have paid your $500 entrance fee prior to ordering rentals. All dinnerware, glassware, flatware, table linens, and napkins must be rented from our Luxury Rental Sponsor POSH Couture Rentals. Please place your order and pay POSH well in advance of the event. No exceptions will be allowed. Your rentals will be delivered to the DMA on Sunday, March 20. DMA Office of Special Events staff will be present to receive the delivery.
Designers should plan to arrive at 3:00 p.m. Sunday, March 20, to set up their table. Your rentals will be waiting for you. Tables must be finished by 6:00 p.m. Sunday evening. Art in Bloom begins promptly at 10:00 a.m. Monday, March 21, and judging will take place prior to the champagne welcome.
Table Design Competition Theme: International! This can be a fun take on different countries, cultures, or continents. Just be creative and let the DMA Office of Special Events know about your theme so there are no duplicates!
Prize: A three-day spree to London, England, complete with exceptional accommodations, a complimentary lunch at Clarkes Restaurant, and a private tour of Kensington Palace Gardens and other historic Palace Gardens.
Designers Must Rent:
• Tablecloth: Tables are 72" rounds. We recommend a 132" or 134” tablecloth that reaches the floor. Designers are welcome to add a short "topper."
• Napkins: Linen napkins for 10.
• Dinnerware: Service for 10: salad plate, dinner & dessert plates, cups & saucers.
• Glassware: Wine & water glasses for 10 place settings.
• Flatware: Service for 10: salad, dinner and dessert forks, spoons, and knives.
• Miscellaneous items (optional): Salt & pepper shakers, sugar bowl, creamer, etc.
• Centerpiece: Get creative! You may use whichever florist fits your fancy; however, for the comfort of your guests, you must be able to see over or “through” the arrangement. Nothing over 6 feet tall. Centerpieces must be delivered and set up by the florist the morning of Art in Bloom and finished by 9:00 a.m. for judging. All floral arrangements must arrive completed.
• Chairs: The DMA will provide a standard brown fruitwood chiavari chair with a black cushion. Complimentary for your use. Designers can bring in another chair style, or cushions of your choice, provided they fit 10 around the table.
• No electricity will be provided.
• No live animals (i.e., butterflies, fish, or birds) will be permitted in the building.
• Helium balloons are not permitted inside the Museum. Glitter, sequins, confetti, fake snow, etc. are not allowed.
* The DMA is not responsible for lost or damaged items. Design at your own risk!
The DMA League thanks POSH Couture Rentals for graciously being our Luxury Rental Sponsor!
- Pat Altshuler
- Barbara Bigham
- Connie Carreker
- Robin Carreker
- Barbara Durham
- Renee Querbes Farren
- Susan Fisk
- Bev Freeman
- Jill Goldberg
- Jennifer Houser
- Emily Maduro
- Katherine Phillips
- Suzanne Palmlund
- Carol Resnick
- Connie Rhoades
- Janet Sue Rush
- Linda Slaughter
- Susie Soderquist
- Rachel Trowbridge
- Jocelyn White
- Jewel Williams
- Luxery Rental Sponsor: Posh Couture Rentals
- Announcement Party Sponsor: Avant Garden
- Media Sponsor: Paper City
For more information, call Shelby Pearlman at 214-922-1364.