Program goals for this year include:
- Arts & Letters Live / BooksmART – Transform BooksmART from a literary series for young audiences into an interdisciplinary festival celebrating both literacy and the arts in downtown Dallas.
- K-12 Education Programs – Serve 76,000 children through innovative programs and partnerships with nonprofit organizations.
- Early Learning Programs – Provide underserved children and families unique opportunities to learn about and experience art through eleven different programs.
- Access Programs (Autism Awareness, Art Beyond Sight, Meaningful Moments) – Increase access to experiences with art for those with autism, dementia, and visual impairments.
- Archives / Conservation – Create public access to the DMA’s archival collections.
Projects on the horizon include:
- Art of the American Indians: The Thaw Collection (April 24-September 4, 2011)
- The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Catwalk to the Sidewalk (November 13, 2011–February 12, 2012)
- smARTphone tours of the DMA’scollection