Higher Ed Student Visits
Schedule Your Group Visit
If you are a college or university group within the DFW Metroplex, e-mail tours@DMA.org to request a date for your group visit. Please note that all visits must be scheduled a minimum of three weeks in advance in order to ensure free general admission.
If you are a college or university group from outside the Metroplex, contact our Group Sales Office at 214-922-1222 or groupsales@DMA.org.
Docent-guided visits provide college and university groups with the opportunity to connect with works of art through careful looking and group discussion. Docent-guided visits include the Museum's collection and/or special exhibitions, and can be customized to meet your group's area of interest. Led by trained volunteers, tours last one hour and are free of charge for university student groups in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Docent-guided visits are available Tuesday-Friday beginning at 10:00 a.m. Professors may also schedule docent-guided tours during Museum hours on Thursday evenings and on weekends.
Docent-guided tours are available for all areas of the Museum's collections, as well as the following special exhibitions:
- Posters of Paris: Toulouse-Lautrec and HIs Contemporaries. Travel back to the 19th century and examine the rise of the artistic poster in Paris. Students will have a unique opportunity to investigate Parisian popular culture and "poster-mania" as they discover how the city was defined by this new art form. Tours available October 23, 2012-January 18, 2013.
- Cindy Sherman. Witness the many identities of Cindy Sherman in this retrospective exhibition that features over 170 photographic artworks. Working as her own model for more than thirty years, Sherman is known for creating a range of guises and personas. She works unassisted in her studio to assume multiple artistic roles such as photographer, model, art director, make-up artist, hair dresser, and wardrobe stylist. Tours available March 26-May 24, 2013.
Professors and instructors can also schedule self-guided visits for independent exploration of the Museum's galleries. Self-guided visits are available during regular Museum hours only: Tuesday-Sunday, 11-5; Thursday, 11-9; closed Mondays.
- Learn about the collections and current and upcoming special exhibitions.
- Access multimedia resources related to the collections and special exhibitions at DallasMuseumofArt.tv and DallasMuseumofArt.mobi.
- Research works of art using the Mildred R. and Frederick M. Mayer Library.
- Participate in programs that are discounted for students, including lectures, gallery talks, films, and more.