Upcoming Program Themes for the 2013-2014 School Year:
September: Dip & Dye
Discover beautifully dyed textiles from Africa.
October: Sense-sational Art
Engage all your senses as we experience art with more than just our eyes.
November: Walk Like an Egyptian
Travel back to ancient Egypt and explore art from the land of the pyramids.
December: From Ordinary to Extraordinary
See how artist Jim Hodges transforms everyday materials in beautiful and surprising ways.
January: Faces and Places
Explore the faces and places sketched and painted by artist Edward Hopper.
February: Lines That Wiggle
Search for squiggles, zigzags, and curves in abstract paintings.
March: Be Our Guest
Take a seat at our imaginary dining table and explore the Museum's collection of silver.
April: Pattern Play
Discover hidden shapes and patterns in art from the Islamic world.
May: Animal Adventures
Go on an art safari as we search for animals hiding in the art.
Tips for Scheduling Your Program:
- Reservations for the 2013-2014 school year will be accepted beginning August 21, 2013.
- Arturo's Preschool is offered Tuesday-Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- Program lasts seventy-five minutes and includes group time in the Museum galleries and an art-making activity in the Art Studio.
- Arturo's Preschool is offered in English. If needed, please bring teachers or parents that can assist with translation for bilingual or ESL students.
- Minimum of ten students required; maximum of thirty children per class. One adult chaperone is required for every five students.
- Arturo's Preschool is free of charge for students and chaperones when scheduled at least three weeks in advance.
Call 214-922-1312 or e-mail lhanson@DMA.org to make a reservation.